DUNE HD ProUltimate HD Entertainment Center
Dune HD GmbH, one of the world's leaders in design and manufacturing of HD-media players as well as devices for IPTV and OTT Operators, introduced a new family of innovative modules for audio and video playback named Dune HD Pro. The devices were first shown at the International CES exhibition in Las Vegas, January 2012. The component based modular entertainment center named Dune HD Pro is positioned to revolutionize the market of high-quality reference standard equipment in the same way Dune HD media players changed user perception of what a modern digital multimedia player should be.
Dune HD Pro is an ultramodern component style system that combines the qualities and features required by audio and videophiles for playback of various audio and video content, including convenient storage and library cataloging.
The Dune HD Pro Master module is an uncompromising network multimedia player designed using the highest quality components. It combines functionality of a reference media player with the option of integrating DVB-T/T2/C/S/S2 tuners. Thanks to the presence of a toroidal power supply and stereophonic audio path utilizing top quality Burr-Brown DACs, and balanced audio outputs, the Dune HD Pro Master module raises the bar on top flight audio performance. The Main module comes equipped with a separate HDMI-terminal for digital sound output, which makes it an ideal universal AV-source for reference Hi-end and Hi-Fi systems. Additional support for THX Media Directory technology and premium streaming services such as VUDU is also included.
Functional possibilities of the multimedia player can be expanded by HDD/BD-module named Dune HD Pro Extender which will allow the device to playback video and audio from optical media such as CD, DVD or Blu-ray. Users can easily install 3.5" hard drives of any capacity thanks to the presence of HDD rack with hot swap function. Switching from Extender and Master modules is carried out by two eSATA cables.
The third component of the system called the Dune HD Pro Gateway provides convenient access to additional media content from both local network and the Internet, and also considerably expands the possibilities of media data management. The Gateway module adds to a system the possibility of broadcasting premium streaming entertainment services to any Dune HD media player residing on the local network with the Dune HD Pro Gateway.
A seven-inch LCD touch-screen display allows easy operation of a user's media library, search and discovery, as well as playback of audio and video content through the Master module. Which makes it possible to operate music and radio playback without switching on a TV-set. At the same time the LCD display serves as a screen for meta-information displayed for any files supported by the Master module.
Also there is a possibility for Dune HD Pro user to install up to four HDDs for fast access to media content or for organizing RAID-array 0, 1 or 5 storage configurations. Additional data sources may be directly connected to the Gateway module by eSATA and USB 3.0 sockets providing very high data transmission speeds.
Built-in Blu-ray drive allows the device to legally copy, and play back, optical disks, to the media server library using forthcoming technologies Dune HD will be supporting.
Ethernet wired interface between the server and the main module operates at gigabit speeds and the server includes a built-in 2-port network switch that allows connection of the whole system to one Ethernet-socket. All Dune HD Pro modules are rack-mountable.
● Built-in touch screen display: Built-in color 7" touch screen allows the user a new level of control interactivity.
● VXP Video processor: Integrated VXP video processing improves video quality of SD, HD, and Internet content, eliminating the need for a separate video post-processing / scaling solution.
● THX Media Director: A unique technology that transforms movies, music and other digital media into smart content that enables Media Director enabled A/V components to auto-select the most appropriate audio and video playback settings, preserving the content creator’s artistic intent.
● Hi-End power supply: High-performance large toroidal power transformer ensures a low level of interference in the power supply section and prevents possible signal distortion in the analog audio output, making the sound more clear and transparent, music images articulated, precise and focused, and video that much more vivid and intense.
● Hi-End audio outputs: Balanced XLR stereo outputs as well as analog 7.1 multi-channel RCA outputs, served by a high performance stereo DAC from Burr-Brown (supports bit depths from 16 to 32 bits and sampling rates up to 192 kHz).
● High-quality music playback: Play back of very high-quality (up to 192 Khz / 24-bit) music files in various formats (FLAC, Monkey’s Audio APE, WAV/PCM, DTS, etc) fully supported in the Dune HD Pro.
● Solid mass cabinet: The Hi-End cabinet design ensures an ultra low vibration level of all components including the optical disc drive and internal HDDs, minimizing environmental noise allowing discs to be read with the highest degree of accuracy.
● DIRECT button on the front panel: Listen to your music pure by disabling video electronics for even better audio quality.
● DIMMER button on the front panel: Control the brightness of the built-in display or turn it off completely.
● Detachable 19'' rack brackets: Custom mount player into all standard 19” equipment racks.
Media Player Features
● Sigma Designs 8910 media processor: Enjoy the absolute best in audio and video playback performance from Sigma Designs newest flagship media processor.
● Blu-ray (3D) and DVD player: Play Blu-ray and DVD discs (plus Audio CD and data discs with video,
music and photo files).
● Integrated VXP Video processor: VXP video processing improves video quality of SD, HD, and Internet content, eliminating the need for a separate video post-processing or scaling solution.
● HDD player: Connect an HDD to the Dune HD Pro and play content directly from the HDD.
● Network player: Connect Dune HD Pro to a local network and play content directly from PC or NAS
(UPnP, SMB, NFS).
● MKV player: Play HD and SD video in popular MKV formats and other modern video file formats, includingtop quality HD video with very high bit-rates > 50Mbp/s.
● 3D Video format support: Dune HD Pro decodes a wide variety of 3D Video formats, including
Blu-ray 3D and RealD 3D.
● HD audio: Enjoy top-quality audio tracks such as Dolby True HD, DTS HD Master Audio, LPCM, FLAC.
● 3 USB ports: Conveniently connect HDDs, USB flash drives, USB card readers and other USB storage
devices without needing a USB hub.
● 2 HDD racks with hot swap function: Easily and quickly insert and exchange internal 3.5’’ SATA HDDs for nearly unlimited storage capacity.
● HDMI 1.4: Ensures the broadest compatibility to the very latest 3D TV’s, displays and projectors.
● Rich set of A/V connectors: S/PDIF optical audio, Stereo audio, Component video, Composite video
outputs to easily connect any A/V equipment.
● Extended support for Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio: Output bit-stream (up to 7.1 channels) or decode (up to 7.1 channels) for maximum flexibility when connecting audio equipment, and for extended support of advanced playback features (such as Picture-in-Picture).
● High-quality music playback: Play very high-quality (up to 192 Khz / 24-bit) music files in various formats (FLAC, Monkey’s Audio APE, WAV/PCM, DTS, etc).
● Playlists: Build play lists from folders, use your own play lists, repeat and shuffle functions.
● Video output flexibility: Output video in any resolution and format (from SD to 1080p, 24p/PAL/NTSC).
● Up-scaling: High quality up-scaling of DVD and any other SD video content to Full HD (1080p) or other
● File browser: Convenient file browser with powerful file management (copy, move, delete, rename, organize, sort).
● Front pannel available in two colors: black and silver.
● NAS function: Access files on storage devices (HDD, optical drive, etc) attached to the player from the
local network (using SMB or FTP).
● Customizable user interface: Work with media collections using cover art and icon browsing (supports
Full HD graphics).
● Flash applications: Extend player functionality with FlashLite applications.
● Internet radio: Playback and record various Internet radio stations.
● IPTV: Playback and record IPTV streams (multicast UDP/RTP) from your Internet provider (check
availability of multicast UDP/RTP streams with your Internet provider).
● Digital TV option: Playback and record Digital TV channels using an optional Digital TV USB dongle
(Digital TV USB dongle is not included; this option may be purchased separately).
● Internet browsing: View Internet Web sites on your TV using the built-in Web browser.
DUNE HD Pro The Ultimate Entertainment Center